Marriage equality in Iowa was approved by a unanimous decision of the Iowa State Supreme Court on April 3, 2009. Rallies were held across the state celebrating the decision. One such rally was held in Council Bluffs at Playland Park. At the beginning of the rally, people from Council Bluffs crossed the pedestrian bridge and escorted GLBT folks and their supporters from Nebraska to Iowa to be a part of the rally. The crossing of the “Equality Bridge” was highly symbolic. People brought rainbow flags and American flags to wave. Speakers, who included local elected officials, religious figures, gay rights supporters, attorneys and their allies, talked about the exciting events.
- About the CBCA
- Calendar of Events
- Contact the CBCA
- Friendly Resources
- 2008 – CBCA Summer Picnic
- 2009 – Decision Day – April 3
- 2009 – Pride Festival – June 20
- 2010 – Pride Festival – July 3
- 2012 – Pride Festival – June
- 2013 – Celebrate Council Bluffs Parade – May 18
- 2013 – Pride Festival – June 22
- 2013 – Taco Ride Fundraiser – August 22
- 2014 – Pride Festival – June 28
- Send us your photos!